Sunday, July 30, 2017

Reboot the Blog

Lets get the blog going again

I've been kicking around the idea of firing up my blog again.  The Mascoutin Valley Railroad has kind of gone through a rebirth as of late and I should probably start to document it.  I'm going to try and blog more and not make them so extensive that way I can kind of treat this as journal of sorts and not so much a how to do it.

Current State of the Mascoutin Valley Railroad

We've started to build a "visible staging yard" for the MVRR.  The yard is going to be made from free-mo modules and will be used on my railroad and a joint free-mo project layout with my pal Jeremy Dummler. 

Visible Staging Yard Trackplan
Construction on the yard modules has started and its not without its trials.  I've kind of gotten "stuck" on the legs.  The project calls for the use of the Modutrak leg standard.  Now I will say they are a great design with one flaw.  The tolerances were a bit tight in the module pockets where the legs slide into.  So I've had to put a call to the masses to get some ideas to get the legs to slide more easily into the module pockets.  See the video below.


Wrap Up

So that's where we are at.  Some things have been going on the railroad and we are excited to start blogging again.  Basically after a four month layoff.  If you're still out there let me know!  Post a comment or question. I always get back to people that take the time to comment!
Be sure to check out my Facebook page!  Even though spring is upon us there is still time to work on the layout!!! Who knows you may even see a few pictures of the fish I catch when I'm not working on the layout! I am posting updates about once per week so check it out and please provide feedback!
You can find my Facebook Page here.  Make Sure to give it a 'like' to keep up with my progress!
https://m.facebook.com/MascoutinValleyRR/

Thanks for reading!  Until next time keep 'er in Notch 8!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Glad the blog is making a comeback. I'm looking forward to more, and to hearing what suggestions are out there for adjusting the legs.

    ReplyDelete